Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pepto-Dismal



Without going into too much detail, I find myself having to verbalize my experience with pepto-bismol.

This weekend, my sister and I have had the most erratic rollercoaster ride of chills, hot flashes, malaise and stomach oddity. Today, for the first time in our lives, we tried pepto-bismol. The stuff smells like spearmint gum, and looks like a bubblegum lassi or milkshake. If after rinsing out the cup several times still leaves the dosing cup with a strange pink film, I don't want to know what it did to my insides. That stuff is brutal!

Meanwhile, my brother in law in taunting us to just "chug the thing, and toughen up"

"The lawyers wrote the dosing, you can take more than that!"

We don't know if it's psychosomatic, or if the experience of gulping down that stuff has actually tricked our bodies into thinking there is something worse out there than a fever.

No comments: