Monday, September 22, 2008

What is wrong with people?

Don't let the title mislead you. Chances are this will be a multi-part ongoing series.

The other day I'm walking back to my car in a parking lot after making some returns at a mall. Yep, being a broke, post undergraduate schlep just doesn't pay what it used to. As I'm approaching my car, a white van decides to back out without paying any attention to the person (me) walking behind it. I lightly tapped on the part of the van that was inches away from my face and made eye contact with the driver, a man seated along with his wife and kids.

Instead of nodding, or shrugging with apology, the guy shouts "Watch where YOU'RE walking!!"

Stunned, I replied "Oh yeah, because it's SO cool to almost kill people"

To this the man replied, "Nope, just trying to kill you"

Seriously????